Tuesday 7 December 2010

Demonstration of new skills

The new skills I’ve mastered are:

1. Use Loft to create an innovative shape for an object, such as the examples of curtains and the table, and this method is based on creating a Spline; also, the way how to make curve by using NURBS Curves in regard to the curtain;

2. Personally speaking, Lathe modifier works similar to Loft, but it is still - quite new for me to try. The examples are of the coffee cup and the plate;

3. When I tried to created a room, I didn't realize that I could use all the existing tools to do it – no need to create a box to mimic space of a room, I can just use ‘Wall’, or ‘Window’, or ‘Door’ to automatically create them, moreover, there are plenty of functions, for instance, how to control the extent of open the door and window.

4 Use Boolean to embed one object to another is appealing for me too, take the radio buttons as examples, they look perfect;

5. In addition, some material assignment settings are new yet useful for me to learn, such as the material effect of glass, liquid, metal, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment